Jacinto Couthouse is located in the ghost town of Jacinto on Highway 356 in Alcorn County. This 1854 courthouse was once the county seat of government of old Tishomingo County when the county included Alcorn, Prentiss, and Tishomingo Counties. Jacinto Courthouse is one of the South’s most impressive examples of federal-style architecture. The hipped roof is topped with an octagonal cupola. The foundation is constructed of hand-cut stone. Each brick used in the building is hand-made and each board hand-hewn. Each year Jacinto Courthose becomes the site of an old fashioned 4th of July Festival. No admission charge. Grounds are open year around.
Call 662-286-8662 for open times for courthouse tours. Jacinto Foundation, P. O. Box 1174, Corinth, Mississippi 38835. Phone 662-286-8662.
Posted on January 22, 2018
Posted on January 18, 2018