Who We Are
In an ambitious effort to promote visitation to the communities located on either side of the historic route, the Natchez Trace Compact was formed in 1999 and continues to expand its outreach marketing program today.
The Compact’s primary objective is to attract more visitors to travel the Natchez Trace Parkway and take the time to explore all there is to see and do along the way. Through print and digital media, advertising campaigns and PR efforts, the group is able to tell the world about this 444-mile hidden gem. Those who’ve visited the historic Natchez Trace love its unique journey and all it has to offer—and our goal is to spread the word about this exceptional scenic byway!
By sharing time, money and resources the communities and partners of the Natchez Trace Compact have secured thousands of dollars in grants, have contributed individual membership funds to secure these grants, and have introduced the region to the numerous attractions, experiences and intrinsic qualities along the Parkway.
What Our Partnership Has Accomplished So Far in 2015:
- Held quarterly meetings along the Trace corridor to evaluate, enhance and implement a 3-state strategy to market tourism activities.
- Operated under a marketing plan that included Public Relations, Research, Website, Social Marketing, Production, Administrative, Media Placement & Collaterals
- Started implementation of the $74,200 National Scenic Byways Interpretive Grant.
- Hosted the launch of the Americana Music Triangle with partner communities.
- Updated Bylaws and MOU to implement new self-sustaining structure.
- Ran national consumer, group travel and niche market media schedules reaching a circulation of over 3,500,000 in print media (not including online impressions).
- Launched targeted Facebook advertising campaigns.
- Placed image banner ads, photos of the month, feature stories, e-newsletter and event links on media websites.
- Fulfilled inquiries generated through print and digital media.
- Developed NTC media kit with advertising opportunities for partners.
- Updated fulfillment brochure.
- Created video clips for targeted features and awareness.
- Worked with national travel writers, newspapers and publications and provided press kits to media outlets and consumers.
- Promoted special events along the Trace and Communities by securing video and photos to post to scenictrace.com, YouTube and social media outlets.
- Featured prize package promotions to increase Facebook fans resulting in a 32% increase of new followers in fiscal year 2015.
- Engaged social media including: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and Google+
- Published blog posts and maintained media room.
- Posted press releases, prize promotions, events and updates to all social media outlets.
- Maintained mobile site.
- Distributed monthly e-newsletter to an opt-in email list of 22,489.
- Continued a search engine optimization plan.
- Started update to scenictrace.com to launch online advertising.
yeezy boost 350 black
Want to learn more about the Natchez Trace Compact and advertise with us? Download our Media Guide HERE to see all of the amazing opportunities available.
We’d like to give a special thanks to the National Park Service, Natchez Trace Parkway and the National Scenic Byways Program for your support. Together we market the Natchez Trace Parkway nationally and to the world.
Posted on April 24, 2017
Posted on April 17, 2017