Confederate Gravesites (Mile Marker 269.4 )
A short walk on the old trace takes you to the graves of 13 unknown Confederate soldiers.
Dogwood Valley (Mile Marker 275.2)
Self-guiding trail. Allow 15 minutes to walk through a large stand of dogwood trees.
Pharr Mounds (Mile Marker 286.7)
This 90-acre complex of eight burial mounds was built from about 1,800 to 2,000 years ago.
Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway and Jamie L. Whitten Bridge (Mile Marker 293.2)
The waterway makes 459 miles navigable between the Gulf of Mexico and Tennessee River. The waterway and nearby visitor center are administered by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
Tishomingo State Park (Mile Marker 304.5)
- The park is named for a Chickasaw chief and includes Bear Creek Canyon, with sandstone cliffs and majestic waterfalls. Camping, picnicking, swimming, canoeing and fishing.
- Lunch Option in Tishomingo
Bear Creek Mound (Mile Marker 308.8)
This ceremonial structure was built between 1200 and 1400.
Mississippi-Alabama State Line (Mile Marker 308.8)
Freedom Hills Overlook (Mile Marker 317)
A steep, ¼-mile trail leads to Alabama’s highest point on the Parkway, 800 feet.
yeezy boost 350 black
Colbert Ferry (Mile Marker 327.3)
George Colbert operated a stand and ferry here and reportedly charged Andrew Jackson $75,000 to ferry his army across the river. Ranger station, restrooms, picnic area, swimming, fishing, boat launch and bike-only campground.
Dinner/Overnight in Shoals Area (Florence, Muscle Shoals, Sheffield and Tuscumbia)
Shoals Add-A-Day Options
- Helen Keller Birthplace and Childhood Home, Tuscumbia (Admission)
Tours available for the main house and birthplace cottage.
- Alabama Music Hall of Fame, Tuscumbia (Admission)
Features Alabama’s musical heritage.
- W.C. Handy Museum, Florence (Admission)
Museum honoring the Father of the Blues and contains an extensive collection of Handy’s personal papers and artifacts.
- Frank Lloyd Wright Museum, Florence (Admission)
Alabama’s only structure built by noted twentieth century architect Frank Lloyd Wright. Built in 1939.
Tupelo to Shoals Add A Day Options
- Lake Layover – Visit Bay Springs Lake (a boating and fishing paradise with one of the country’s largest freshwater marinas), Pickwick Lake (The nearly 50,000 acre lake spreads across Tishomingo County into the Alabama Shoals area and is brimming with bass, crappie and catfish) and Wilson Lake (world-record fishing along with camping, boating and tennis.
- Woodall Mountain – highest peak in Mississippi
- The Old Courthouse Museum in Iuka
- Robert Trent Jones Golf Train in Florence
- Historic Pope’s Tavern – a Civil War field hospital
- Edith Culver Museum – a treasure trove of Civil War artifacts
- LaGrange College and Antebellum Cemetery – recreated mountain village where the Civil War ravaged college once stood.
- Coon Dog Cemetery – more than 100 dogs are buried with unique markers fit for man’s best friend.