75th Anniversary of the Inaugural of the Natchez Trace Parkway in Natchez, MS
The Natchez Trace Parkway Association invites you to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the inaugural of the Natchez Trace Parkway. Events will be held at Brandon Hall Plantation located adjacent to the Natchez Trace Parkway at milepost 8.9 where the initial ceremony took place on October 28, 1937 and at the Eola Hotel in downtown Natchez, where many early Natchez Trace Parkway Association events were held.
Saturday, October 27:
- 2 p.m. Natchez Trace Parkway Association Annual Membership Meeting – Eola Hotel
- 4 p.m. Dedication of Plaque Honoring Roane Fleming Byrnes (she promoted the parkway from 1937-1969) – Natchez City Cemetery
- 7 p.m. 75th Anniversary Natchez Trace Ball and Dinner at the Eola Hotel.
- Entertainment by Tommy Sebrell and his Top Hats Orchestra featuring vocalist Kim Coalter, Performing Hits of the 30’s and 40’s
Sunday, October 28:
- 12:30 p.m. Special Natchez Tour Onboard the Natchez Trolley that will include a re-enacted inaugural welcome from Mrs. Byrnes in the shadow of her home Ravennaside, where she charmed national leaders into supporting parkway construction. Seating limited.
- 3:15 p.m. Planting of The 75th Anniversary Tree – Natchez Trace Parkway Mile Marker 9
- 4:00 p.m. 75th Anniversary Ceremony and Barbeque at Brandon Hall Plantation
- Other Activities to Be Announced
- There is no registration fee for the annual membership meeting (for members, their guests and prospective members) or for the plaque dedication ceremony honoring Roane Fleming Byrnes that is open to the public.
- The Brandon Hall Plantation Barbeque, the Natchez Trace Ball and Dinner at the Eola and the Special Tour of Natchez are all ticketed events and open to the public. You may choose the events you wish to attend. Tickets to those events are available through Natchez Pilgrimage Tours or call (601) 446-6631.
The Natchez Trace Compact hopes to see you there to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the Natchez Trace Parkway!