The Elvis Presley self-guided driving tour leads to some of the most significant locations of Elvis’ life in Tupelo.
1. The previous Assembly of God Church, location where Elvis and his family attended church under the pastor of Rev. Frank Smith
2. Lawhon Elementary School, the first school Elvis attended
3. Johnnie’s Drive-In, where Elvis shared moments with friend James Ausborne, while enjoying a cheeseburger and RC Cola
4. Shakerag, a significant part of Elvis’ past where he gained influence from sanctified gospel and blues music
5. Tupelo Fairgrounds, where Elvis performed concerts in 1956 and 1957
6. Tupelo Hardware, where Elvis bought his first guitar
7. Lee County Courthouse, where Elvis performed his first live radio show hosted by Mississippi Slim and WELO
8. The previous Mayhorn’s Grocery Store, where Elvis used to sit on the porch and listen to blues and gospel music in the neighborhood where he lived
9. Lee County Library, where Elvis received his first library card
10. Milam Jr. High, last school Elvis attended before moving to Memphis.