The Odd Fellows Cemetery in Clinton, MS was dedicated in 1857, but burials date back as early as 1830. It was also at this time that the members of the order in Clinton erected a lodge. The following is an excerpt from the “Hinds County Gazette” April 29, 1857 recounting the festivities surrounding the dedication of the lodge and cemetery.
The cemetery is located on a small overgrown plot within a few hundred yards of the old Clinton City Cemetery.
Contact City Of Clinton, Clinton Visitor Center
Posted on January 17, 2019
Posted on December 18, 2018
Posted on December 12, 2018