Expedition Natchez: 1813 Becoming “Old Hickory”
War Of 1812 Bicentennial
April 12-21, 2013 – From Natchez To Nashville and Along the Natchez Trace Parkway
Natchez, Mississippi April 12-14
• The landing and encampment of Andrew Jackson’s
• Parade Through Natchez and Officers’ Reception
• Period camp, Military Drills and Weapons
• Demonstrations at Historic Jefferson College
• War of 1812 Lectures at Historic Jefferson College
• 1813 Ladies’ Tea at Auburn
• Fife and Drum Concert and Period Dinner
for Jackson in Natchez
Jackson, Mississippi – April 16
• Re-creation of Jackson’s Address on the Anniversary
of the Battle of New Orleans and period music concert
–Old Capitol Museum
Colbert County, Alabama – April 19 – 20
- Reception for War of 1812 Troop re-enactors, representatives of the Chickasaw Nation, the Colbert and General John Coffee families.
- War of 1812 Dinner at Tuscumbia’s new Railroad Depot Roundhouse, with re-enactors and other interested parties.
- Tuscumbia Landing Site will be visited by re-enactors and interested parties; Program by Robert Thrower of the Poarch Creek Nation, a Colbert descendant, and Tuscumbia’s Annie Cooper Perry.
- Bicentennial Commemoration at Colbert Ferry Group will reassemble at Colbert Ferry Site (Colbert Park) on the Natchez Trace, for a Symbolic Crossing of the Tennessee River by Andrew Jackson & General Coffee’s troops
Natchez Trace Parkway – April 20
• Crossing the Tennessee River–Tuscumbia, Alabama
• Homecoming for the Tennessee Volunteers–
Grinder’s Stand, milepost 386
• Ceremony to Honor Natchez Expedition Soldiers Buried
along the Natchez Trace–War of 1812 Monument Site,
Nashville, Tennessee – April 21
• Period Church Service at the Hermitage Church
• Wreath ceremony at Jackson’s Grave–The Hermitage
*Educational activities and events throughout the week at Ridgeland, French Camp and Pontotoc*
For more information about Nashville events, visit www.thehermitage.com.
For more information on the Natchez Trace Parkway, visit www.nps.gov/natr.
For more information on Colbert County Tourism, visit www.visitshoalsal.com
For more information on the many other events taking place, visit www.natcheztrace.info.