Commemorate the War of 1812 with the Natchez Trace Parkway
Expedition Natchez: 1813 Becoming “Old Hickory”
War Of 1812 Bicentennial
April 12-21, 2013 – From Natchez To Nashville and Along the Natchez Trace Parkway
Natchez, Mississippi April 12-14
• The landing and encampment of Andrew Jackson’s
• Parade Through Natchez and Officers’ Reception
• Period camp, Military Drills and Weapons
• Demonstrations at Historic Jefferson College
• War of 1812 Lectures at Historic Jefferson College
• 1813 Ladies’ Tea at Auburn
• Fife and Drum Concert and Period Dinner
for Jackson in Natchez
Jackson, Mississippi – April 16
• Re-creation of Jackson’s Address on the Anniversary
of the Battle of New Orleans and period music concert
–Old Capitol Museum
Colbert County, Alabama – April 19 – 20
- Reception for War of 1812 Troop re-enactors, representatives of the Chickasaw Nation, the Colbert and General John Coffee families.
- War of 1812 Dinner at Tuscumbia’s new Railroad Depot Roundhouse, with re-enactors and other interested parties.
- Tuscumbia Landing Site will be visited by re-enactors and interested parties; Program by Robert Thrower of the Poarch Creek Nation, a Colbert descendant, and Tuscumbia’s Annie Cooper Perry.
- Bicentennial Commemoration at Colbert Ferry Group will reassemble at Colbert Ferry Site (Colbert Park) on the Natchez Trace, for a Symbolic Crossing of the Tennessee River by Andrew Jackson & General Coffee’s troops
Natchez Trace Parkway – April 20
• Crossing the Tennessee River–Tuscumbia, Alabama
• Homecoming for the Tennessee Volunteers–
Grinder’s Stand, milepost 386
• Ceremony to Honor Natchez Expedition Soldiers Buried
along the Natchez Trace–War of 1812 Monument Site,
Nashville, Tennessee – April 21
• Period Church Service at the Hermitage Church
• Wreath ceremony at Jackson’s Grave–The Hermitage
*Educational activities and events throughout the week at Ridgeland, French Camp and Pontotoc*
For more information on the Natchez event, visit www.cottonbaler.com or contact the
Natchez Convention and Visitors Bureau, www.visitnatchez.org.
For more information about Nashville events, visit www.thehermitage.com.
For more information on the Natchez Trace Parkway, visit www.nps.gov/natr.
For more information on Colbert County Tourism, visit www.visitshoalsal.com
For more information on the many other events taking place, visit www.natcheztrace.info.