(256) 360-2393 /9270 Riverton Rose Trail, Cherokee, AL 35616 www.rtrvllc.com Located across from the Colbert Boat Ramp on Bear Creek/ Tennesssee River, can accommodate 14 large RVs with full hookups (30 to 50 amp) with WiFi hot spot. Great hunting and fishing, we are Wildlife Management Area check-in station. Deli with food to order and […]
Nested near a bountiful big spring in the beautiful foothills of the Appalachian Mountains you’ll find Tuscumbia, Alabama. The French first settled the area near the Tennessee River in the 1700’s only to have their town destroyed in 1786. The Chickasaw Indians moved here next building their town near the spring. They were soon followed by the Michael Dickson Family circa 1815. Tuscumbia along the Natchez Trace Parkway is growing today with the restoration of many of its old downtown historic buildings.
(256) 383-7368 1770 Neil Morris “Road (off U.S. Hwy 72), Tuscumbia, AL 35674 www.heritageacresrvpark.com 65 RV campsites with full hookups, coin laundry, bath house, free cable TV, free wireless internet service. Daily, weekly & monthly rates. Some pull-through sites. Big rigs & pets welcome. Open year round.
(256) 360-2764 /9395 Riverton Rose Trail, Cherokee, AL 35616 Located on Pickwick Lake. RV, tent & primitive camping, electricity/water, dump station, piers, pavilion, bathrooms and showers (seasonal), boat ramps. Open March-September.
(256) 381-5907 or (256) 762-3510 595 Pride Estates Road, Tuscumbia, AL 35674 www.riversidecottage1.com This bed and breakfast cottage is a retreat located on Pickwick Lake in Pride Estates. Breathtaking, river bluff view. King sized bed, full kitchen, bath and laundry facilities. Living room with day bed, two sofas offer additional sleeping accommodations. Breakfast food provided […]
(256) 446-9324 /1991 LaGrange College Rd., Leighton, AL 35646 www.recall.lagrange.00me Located at historic LaGrange College Site Park, this rustic, two bedroom, one bath, log cabin B & B is situated on a 400’ mountaintop, overlooking the Tenneesee Valley and the Muscle Shoals area of NW Alabama. Pioneer village on site, great walking and picnicking area.
(901) 412-5507 /791 Shook Road, Cherokee, AL 35616 www.pickwickwaterfrontrentals.com Located on Bear Creek on beautiful Pickwick Lake, you may rent all or part of this large, three-story, stone and cedar cabin. Six Bedrooms, four baths, two kitchens, and two sets of washers/dryers. An outdoor paradise for a family getaway or for fishermen, hunters and for […]
“Rock of Ages Trail” Take a driving tour past 18 cherished churches of Colbert County. These church buildings are at least 100 years old with the congregations in most cases being even older. The architecture ranges from simple log, to primitive wooden, to rock and brick. Of varied denominations, a brochure presents these churches as […]
Tuscumbia Railway Depot, 204 West 5th St., Tuscumbia, AL 35674. This 1888 restored passenger depot was utilized by both the Memphis and Charleston and Southern Railway companies. In it’s early years, the depot was used often by Helen Keller and her teacher, Annie Sullivan. Today it is a museum dedicated to rail memorabilia. A Keller […]
Coldwater Stagecoach Stop, 302 South Dickson St., Tuscumbia, AL 35674. Built as early as 1815, this small hewn-log cabin served as a stagecoach stop on the Jackson Military Road and is believed to be one of several cabins operated as a hotel by Michael Dickson, the first white settler to Tuscumbia. (256) 383-0783. www.VisitTuscumbiaAL.com . […]
Colbert County Courthouse, 200 North Main St., Tuscumbia, AL 35674. This stately building, the brick walls of which date back to its construction in 1881, houses county government and serves as the centerpiece of the surrounding Tuscumbia National Register Historic District. This district is extensive and includes structures from the early days of the town’s […]
North Alabama Speedway, 12200 Hwy. 247, Tuscumbia, AL 35674 This racing facility contains an 1/8th mile asphalt drag strip and a 3/8 mile, semi-bank clay oval. Racing divisions include Super Late Models, Late Model Stock/Crates, Modified Street and Mini Stocks. (256) 381-5051. www.northalabamaspeedway.com. Dragway open on Th at 5 pm.; Speedway open on F at […]
LaGrange College Site Park, 1461 LaGrange College Rd., Leighton, AL 35646. Established in 1830 as Alabama’s first college, LaGrange soon became known as “The West Point of the South.” The college was destroyed by Union forces led by Colonel Florence M. Cornyn and his “Destroying Angels.” Today, the historic site has been recreated with a […]
Coon Dog Cemetery, 4945 Coondog Cemetery Rd., Cherokee, AL 35616. Over 300 coon dogs have been laid to rest in the scenic “Freedom Hills.” Unique headstones and epitaphs pay tribute to man’s best friend. Key Underwood’s raccoon hunting dog, Troop, was the first dog buried here on Labor Day in 1937. The Coon Dog Labor Day […]
Belle Mont Mansion, 1569 Cook Lane, Tuscumbia, AL 35674. Belle Mont is one of early Alabama’s crowning architectural achievements. It is one of the most outstanding Palladianstyle houses in the Deep South. The mansion has a raised, two-story central section with flanking, one-story wings and a U-shaped floor plan that embraces a courtyard. This architecture […]
Tennessee Valley Museum of Art, 511 North Water St., Tuscumbia, AL 35674. This regional art center is a venue for cultural activities. Galleries provide annual and rotating exhibits, juried fine art and craft shows, workshops for adults and children. The Martin petroglyph exhibit is permanent and may be seen at any time. (See website for […]
100 South Main Street, Tuscumbia (256) 386-8210 Mon.– Sat. 11am – 5pm Get nostalgic with this newly restored historic building. For years The Palace Ice Cream & Sandwich Shop has been serving the Shoals the old fashioned way, complete with a soda fountain style service.
701 Old Lee Hwy, Tuscumbia (256) 383-1387 Mon. – Sat. 10am – 6pm Take a step into the past. The only drive through restaurant that has been serving Tuscumbia for over 50 years.
800 Highway 72 West, Tuscumbia (256) 381-6105 Mon. – Thurs. 9am to 9pm; Fri., Sat. & Sun. 7am to 9pm. Get your daily specials and traditional Catfish here. Come enjoy the homey atmosphere that this place is known for!